[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Traveling Poverty Law Advocate Program, sponsored by the Community Connections society of Southeast BC and funded by the Law Foundation of British Columbia provides assistance and information to the public regarding poverty law issues. We provide assistance and information to the public about issues like tenant rights, income assistance, disability benefits, the Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, the Guaranteed Income Supplement, the SAFER Program and employment standards.
The poverty law advocate is not a lawyer and does not work for the government.
We offer the following services;
- Information and advice relating to income support programs
- Assistance with income support applications, reconsideration and appeals
- Information, advice and assistance with residential tenancy concerns
- Connections to information, resources and services to help with a variety of legal issues
- Helping to work things out with the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation
- Assistance with appeals and help with dispute resolution.